- Our Team
- Sexual Harassment
- Employment Discrimination
- Race & Color Discrimination
- National Origin Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination
- Sex Discrimination
- Family and Medical Leave
- Overtime and Wage & Hour Collective Actions
- State Law Torts
- Executive Contracts & Compensation
- Non-Compete & Non-Solicit
- Whistleblower Claims
- Truckers Rights
- Workers Compensation Claims
- Wrongful Termination
- Breach of Contract
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Business Dissolutions
- Business Relations
- Business Succession
- Buying & Selling a Business
- Contract Disputes
- Contract Review
- Fraudulent Business Practices
- Joint Ventures
- Partnership Disputes
- Shareholder Disputes
- Tax Disputes
- Small Business Concerns
- Practice Areas
- Representing Individuals
- Supreme Court Win
- In the News
- Buckley Bala Wilson Mew Partners File Supreme Court Brief in Landmark Sexual Orientation Discrimination Case
- Supreme Court to Decide Standard of Proof in Section 1981 Discrimination Cases
- Fast Food Chain to pay $7.7M for Misclassifiying Employees
- Half of LGBTQ Workers Report Experiencing Discrimination
- Should you be paid for your summer internship?
- Laws Protect Veterans from Discrimination
- Discrimination lawsuit filed after company pressures workers to discriminate against customers
- Violations of FLSA at horse training facility may lead to wage and hour lawsuit
- Can Employers Mandate Measles Vaccinations?
- The FLSA requires employers to provide breast-feeding women time and place to pump milk
- City of Atlanta Bans Pay History Requests for Job Applicants
- Numerous Laws Protect Against Employment Discrimination
- $1.5 Million Breast Feeding Discrimination Verdict
- Atlanta Restaurant Must Pay Back Wages and Damages to Workers
- Overtime Exemption Law to be Updated in Spring 2019
- Gender discrimination a factor in women earning less than men
- Are You Listening?
- Will I Be Paid If My Office Closes Due to Weather Conditions?
- Claims of Age Discrimination on the Rise
- Opinion Letter Distinguishes between Standard Rate of Pay and Regular Rate of Pay
- What Are the Wage and Hour Implications of the Government Shut-Down?
- Cookie Company Sued for Immigration Discrimination
- Georgia City Sued for Age Discrimination
- Have You Experienced Pregnancy Discrimination?
- Department of Labor Issues Two New Opinion Letters
- Employment Discrimination Claims on the Rise
- Determining Compensable Hours Crucial to Determining Rightful Pay
- Hospitality Industry Responsible for Highest Number of Wage and Hour Claims
- Employees File Claim for Race Discrimination
- What rules apply when employers make “extra” payments to exempt employees?
- Transgender Rights At Risk
- Is my employer required to pay me for work breaks?
- Will Supreme Court evaluate whether a transgender woman can sue for job discrimination?
- Statistics reveal higher wages and job growth in Atlanta
- ADEA applies to governmental entities regardless of size
- What constitutes sexual harassment?
- Are you entitled to PTO to vote?
- Overtime Exemption Rule Re-Examined
- Are you protected from discrimination at your job?
- Retaliation Claims Are Most Prevalent Employee Complaints
- Overtime Exemption to Be Revisited
- Laws Regarding Overtime Pay
- What type of damages am I entitled to if I suffer employment discrimination?
- Press Release: Ed Buckley Named 2018 NELA-GA Advocacy Award Recipient
- Am I entitled to pay during bad weather?
- Walmart Sued for Pregnancy Discrimination
- New Proposed Rule re Joint Employer Liability
- Facebook Sued for Sex Discrimination in Employment Ads
- Common Wage and Hour Concerns
- How would appointing Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court affect employment discrimination laws?
- Does Title VII protect against sexual orientation discrimination?
- Is Time Spent at work on Wellness Activities Compensable?
- When are salaried employees entitled to overtime pay?
- Georgia Leads Nation in Claims of LGBT Discrimination
- Sex Discrimination Suit Alleges Systemic Bias
- Arbitrating Individual Claims May Influence Employers
- Wage and hour case may signal a sea change in calculating de minimis time worked
- Retaliation Rampant in Tech Jobs
- Minimum Wage Earners Struggle to Afford Modest Homes
- Pregnancy Discrimination Widespread in Corporate America
- Under what circumstances is an inconvenient work schedule considered employment discrimination?
- Program aims to educate agricultural employers regarding workers' rights
- Does "religious freedom" allow businesses to discriminate?
- When should internships be paid vs. unpaid?
- Federal Court Finds ADEA Protects Job Applicants from Age Discrimination
- Congress Weighs in on Tip Pooling
- Does the denial of a job offer for wearing dreadlocks constitute race discrimination?
- DOL issues 3 new opinion letters
- Exemptions need not be "narrowly" construed
- Jury awards $17 million in national origin discrimination case
- Federal Whistleblower Center Supports Legislation Supporting Employees who Report Harassment
- Spending Bill Provides Protections to Tipped Workers
- Sex Discrimination Laws Protect Transgender Workers, Federal Court Rules
- Pay considerations for employees who want to work remotely
- How Does Daylight Savings Time Affect My Pay?
- Federal Court Determines Title VII Prohibits Transgender Discrimination
- Whistleblower Lawsuit Filed Against HUD Secretary
- Federal Appeals Court Determines Title VII Protections Against Sex Discrimination Include Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- The Importance of Cracking Down on Minimum Wage Violations
- As Hiring Practices Change, Employers Must Use Care Not to Discriminate
- Whistleblower lawsuit alleges CMO was terminated for reporting fraud
- Where do employers make the most wage and hour mistakes?
- Reverse Race Discrimination Lawsuit Alleges NBC Wrongfully Terminated Band Members
- Proposed changes to tip rules may deprive workers of significant earnings
- What is a joint employer?
- Is Sexual Orientation Discrimination Protected by Title VII?
- FLSA Opinion Letters Re-Issued
- Majority of women in computer related jobs report discrimination
- Sexual Harassment and the Gender Pay Gap
- Labor Department Revises Intern Test
- Chief Justice Roberts announces initiative to address sexual harassment
- New Year will usher in a pay raise for many low wage earners
- Things You Should Know About Family & Medical Leave
- FLSA Violations More Frequent in Certain Industries
- Breast-feeding Discrimination Claim Proceeds
- Can year-end bonuses replace overtime pay?
- Lawsuit Asserts Amazon Ads Violate Age Discrimination Laws
- Department of Labor Proposes Changes to Tip Pool Rules
- Can businesses discriminate citing “religious freedom”?
- Employers must respond to sexual harassment allegations
- Can an hourly employee legally be denied overtime pay?
- What constitutes a "living wage" in Georgia?
- Lawsuit alleges racial discrimination
- What labor laws apply if you’re a seasonal employee?
- Bank found liable for violating whistleblower law
- What is “language discrimination”?
- FLSA Considerations for Seasonal Time Changes
- Remote workers may be entitled to overtime pay
- Whistleblower trial asserts executive suffered retaliation after reporting fraud
- Is your employer required to accommodate your prayer schedule?
- Agricultural Workers May be Entitled To Overtime Pay
- What Constitutes Sexual Harassment at Work?
- Large Employers Not Always in Compliance With Wage And Hour Laws
- Concerns Raised that Calls For “Religious Freedom” Will Increase Discrimination
- Can Title VII Protect Against Sexual Orientation Discrimination?
- Violating wage and hour laws can invalidate non-compete agreements
- What constitutes pregnancy discrimination?
- Non-Compete Agreements vs. Non-Solicit Agreements
- TGI Fridays agrees to settle one of the nation’s largest wage and hour lawsuits
- Whistleblower laws protect employees who report wrongful conduct
- How to File a USERRA Complaint
- Important Questions to Ask Your Employment Lawyer
- The Importance of Keeping track of All Time Worked
- Is it illegal to discriminate based on sexual orientation under Title VII?
- Court determines proposed overtime rule is invalid
- Former employee sues Atlanta Hawks for race discrimination
- Federal Court approves class certification for delivery drivers
- What is USERRA?
- A single act of harassment may be sufficient to bring a race discrimination case
- A Brief Overview of Georgia's Overtime Laws
- Common Violations of the FLSA
- Minimum Wage to Increase for City of Atlanta Employees
- Whistleblower Laws Protect Employees from Retaliation for Reporting Fraud
- Three Common Breach of Contract Disputes
- What is Whistleblowing?
- When must interns be paid?
- Supreme Court to hear discrimination based on "religious freedom" case
- What Happens After a Breach of Contract?
- Minor League Baseball Players Allege Wage and Hour Violations
- Kentucky Fried Chicken Restaurant Sued for Disability Discrimination
- Recognizing Signs of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Increasing the minimum wage benefits local communities
- 50 Years after the ADEA was enacted, age discrimination continues
- Four Common Employment Law Disputes
- Report Finds Walmart Punishes Employees Who Take Leave
- Common Mistakes that Lead to Employment Law Problems
- More state and local governments are pursuing pro-employee legislation
- How to combat sex discrimination
- How do I know if a job rejection constitutes age discrimination?
- Common FLSA Questions
- What is a "joint employer"?
- Former Football Coach Files Claim for Age and Sex Discrimination
- Will Religious Freedom Order Allow Businesses to Discriminate?
- New Bill May Encourage Employees to Take Paid Time Off Instead of Receiving Overtime Pay
- Department of Justice Requests Delay Until June For Overtime Rule
- Fox News Faces Racial Discrimination Charges
- Disney to Pay Millions in Wage and Hour Dispute
- CNN Faces Race Discrimination Claims
- Landmark Decision Finds Title VII Sex Discrimination Protection Extends to Sexual Orientation
- Implementation of Proposed Overtime Rule Varies Amongst Employers
- Race Discrimination Lawsuit Filed Against Fox News
- Number of Wage and Hour Lawsuits Continue to Climb
- Screening Questions May Be Discriminatory
- Am I entitled to pay if my office closes unexpectedly?
- When is an employer required to pay for training time?
- New Bill May Pressure Employees to Submit to Genetic Screening
- Will the New Overtime Rule be Implemented?
- Age Discrimination Persists
- Disability Discrimination Continues at an Alarming Rate
- Top Wage and Hour Issues for 2017
- Former CNN Producer Files Discrimination Lawsuit
- Nation's First Wage Discrimination Law Passed
- Top Areas of Employment Discrimination
- Emotional Distress Damages May Be Recoverable For Retaliation
- Proposed Religious Freedom Act May Open Doors To Discrimination
- Wage and hour laws may be affected by changes at local level
- How to fight back against race and national origin discrimination
- Legal Protections Against Workplace Discrimination
- Federal Discrimination Lawsuit Filed Against Oracle
- Supreme Court to Consider the Legality of Arbitration Agreements to Settle Wage and Hour Disputes
- How to Choose the Right Business Entity
- What Is Employment Verification Discrimination?
- Top Wage and Hour Concerns for 2017
- Hall County Employees Serve Notice of Suit to County Commissioners
- Final Determination Concerning Overtime Law Nears
- Does your work place discriminate?
- Protection from workplace discrimination varies from state to state
- Millions of low-wage earners to get a raise in 2017
- How will the incoming Department of Labor secretary affect wage and hour laws?
- Can You Be Fired for Talking About Your Salary?
- 4 Common Lawsuits Small Businesses Face
- Age Discrimination Continues to Affect American Workplaces
- Illegal Job Interview Questions You're Probably Asking Applicants
- 5 Essential Things to Know Before Selling Your Business
- Workers Concerned The “Trump Effect” Will Lead to Increased Workplace Discrimination
- Student Athletes Are Not Employees
- Appellate Court Reviewing Whether Title VII Protects Against Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Facebook Faces Race Discrimination Charges
- Implementation of New Overtime Rule Suspended
- Can I Be Fired While on FMLA Approved Leave?
- Can an Employer Deduct Pay from a Salaried Employee?
- Is It Illegal to Discriminate Against Millennial Workers on the Basis of Age?
- How Will the Change in Presidency Affect Overtime Laws?
- Three Ways You Can Help Avoid Contract Disputes
- USERRA Protects Military Service Members Rights to Civilian Employment
- Historic Ruling Finds Title VII Prohibits Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Will I be entitled to overtime pay?
- The Failure to Make Reasonable Accommodations May Violate the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Does Your Tip Pool Comply With Federal Law?
- Supreme Court to Hear Gender Discrimination Case
- Knowing Your Workplace Rights If You're Pregnant
- Can I be fired for my political beliefs?
- Do I get time-off to vote?
- Ageism Still Exists in the Workplace, Hurts Millions of Older Workers
- Appellate Court Decision May Lead to Discriminatory Hiring Practices
- Common FLSA Workplace Violations
- Poll Finds Nearly One-half of Young African American Workers Face Job Discrimination
- Employee or Independent Contractor?
- Minimum Wage Lawsuit Filed Against Amazon
- Fight to Increase Minimum Wage Takes Center Stage
- Dellinger v. Science Applications International
- If You Complain To Your Employer About Overtime Pay Violations, Are You Protected From Retaliation?
- Fake Employment Letter Study Reveals Disability Discrimination
- Retail Misclassification Prevalent
- Advocates Petition President Obama To Fight Employment Discrimination
- Changes To FLSA Increase Number of Workers Covered
- What Actions Constitute Age Discrimination?
- Department of Labor Wage and Hour Rules To Cover Home Health Care Workers
- Employment Discrimination May Affect Any Work Place
- Not All Salaried Employees Are Exempt
- Employment Discrimination May Involve Many Different Types of Conduct
- Requiring "Strength Test" May Constitute Sex and Age Discrimination
- Wage and Hour Lawsuits In the Hospitality Industry on the Rise
- Intern or Employee?
- New Bill Takes Aim At Employment Discrimination Based on Credit Report
- Home Health Care Workers May Be Entitled To Overtime Pay
- Have You Been a Victim of Age Discrimination?
- Psychological Test Given Prior To Promotion May Be Discriminatory
- Proposed Rules To Increase Number of Workers Entitled To Overtime Pay
- Lawsuit Alleges Discrimination Based on Perceived Disability
- What you need know about the FLSA Proposed Rules
- Employment Discrimination Lawsuit Alleges Disability Discrimination
- The Importance of Proper Employment Classification
- How to Prove a Breach of Contract
- Religious Beliefs Not An Excuse For Discrimination
- Minimum Wage Increases Gaining Traction
- Are You An Independent Contractor Or An Employee?
- Discrimination Against Gays Determined to be Sex Discrimination
- Failure to Allow Leave For Cancer Treatment May Violate the ADA
- Proposed Changes Affecting FLSA Exemptions Issued
- Gay Marriage Legalization and the Changes that Need to Follow
- Court Holds Uber Drivers Are Employees
- Age Discrimination Claim Advances Based On "Cat's Paw" Theory
- Is Your Company Required to Pay You Overtime Compensation For After-Hours Smart-Phone Use?
- Gay Rights Groups Seek Legislation Ending Employment Discrimination
- Supreme Court Finds Religious Discrimination
- How The Overtime Rules May Affect You
- Movement To Increase Minimum Wage Gaining Steam Across the Country
- USERRA Discrimination Alleged Against DEA
- Sexual Harassment Not Easily Defined
- Verbal Complaints May Suffice To Raise Retaliation Claim Under FLSA
- New Overtime Exemption Laws To Be Revealed Soon
- Growing Numbers of Americans Report Age Discrimination
- Improper Calculation of Regular Rate of Pay For Overtime May Violate FLSA
- Are Automobile Dealer Employees Covered under the FLSA?
- Name Calling, Obscene Gestures May Constitute Sexual Harassment
- Default Rules for an LLC in the Absence of an LLC Written Agreement.
- Employment Discrimination Against Interns Unlawful
- Misclassification Often Leads to Violations of FLSA
- The Importance of Having a Written, Signed Operating Agreement and Articles of Organization for Your LLC
- Pregnancy discrimination case filed against Grocery Store
- Have You Been A Victim of Wage Theft?
- Georgia Non-Compete Law: The Importance of Making the Restrictive Covenant Independent of the Employment Agreement
- Home Healthcare Workers File Wage and Hour Lawsuit
- Medical Procedure Not A Prerequisite For Equality
- Georgia Non-Compete Law: Application of the New Law in a Recent Case
- Georgia Non-Compete Law: The New Law And How It Applies To You
- Facebook Lawsuit Paves Way For Victims of Discrimination
- Mining Company Must Pay Back Wages for Misclassification
- Facebook Faces Employment Discrimination Lawsuit
- Understaffing And Overworking Employees May Violate Wage and Hour Laws
- Georgia Non-Compete Law: The Not-So-Old Law
- Gender Discrimination Lawsuit Filed Against Novartis
- Cheerleaders Settle Wage and Hour Lawsuit
- Georgia Non-Compete Law: A Look at Georgia's (Complicated) History of Restrictive Covenants
- Have You Suffered Pregnancy Discrimination?
- What Qualifies As an Exemption Under the Fair Labor Standards Act?
- National Origin Discrimination On the Rise
- Oscars Raise Issue of Equal Pay
- Age Discrimination Continues To Plague Many Work Places
- Department Of Labor Likely To Amend Salary Exemption
- Retaliation Leads Employment Discrimination Claims
- Secret Service Employee May Maintain Claim For Retaliation
- When Must An Intern Be Paid?
- Reverse Sex Discrimination Case Filed Against Restaurant Chain
- Underreporting of Time Not An Excuse To Violate the FLSA
- Religious Discrimination Lawsuit Filed
- Should Employers Provide Pregnant Workers Reasonable Accommodations?
- Time Spent After Hours On Smart Phone May Entitle You To Overtime Compensation
- What Is A Protected Class Under Title VII?
- Are You Entitled To Overtime Pay?
- Employee Fired for Caring for Disabled Parent Successfully Brings ADA Claim
- What Duties Are Integral and Indispensable?
- Are You An Employee Or Independent Contractor?
- Deductions for Uniforms Cannot Reduce Your Overtime
- 21 States To Raise Minimum Wage In 2015
- Wage and Hour Collective Actions May Lead To Improved Workplace Conditions
- Sex Discrimination Ban to Include Gender Identity
- Wage and Hour Considerations During The Holiday Season
- Supreme Court To Rule On Pregnancy Discrimination Case
- Changes Likely To Exemptions Under The FLSA
- Should Thanksgiving Workers Get Overtime Pay?
- Georgia School Districts Cannot Claim Immunity Under The Eleventh Amendment
- RACE DISCRIMINATION VERDICT REINSTATED AGAINST MARTA
- 50 Years Later: the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Title VII
- Research Shows Weight Discrimination is Prevalent
- Wage Theft Continues To Plague Workers
- Unlawful Retaliation Claims On the Rise
- Degree of Control A Central Factor In Determining Who Is An Employee v. Contractor
- Employee Wins Landmark Employment Discrimination Case
- NCAA Sued For Wage Violations
- Wage and Hour Questions Prevalent In Health Care Industry
- Are You an Employer or Employee?
- ADA Lawsuit Filed Against FedEx
- When Should Employees Be Paid For Pre- and Post-Shift Time?
- Supreme Court To Hear Religious Discrimination Case Based On Look Policy
- Who Is an Employer or Employee Under the FLSA?
- McDonald's Corporation Sued In Employment Discrimination Case
- Transgender Lawsuits Filed Against Two Companies
- Wage Theft Has Cost Low Income Workers Billions In Compensation
- When Is Workplace Bullying Discrimination?
- Should You Be Receiving Overtime Pay?
- Religious Discrimination Lawsuit Filed Against Dunkin Doughnuts
- Cheerleaders Win Wage Theft Lawsuit
- Sex Discimination Case Filed Against Costco
- Are You A Victim of Wage Theft?
- Policies That Have Disparate Impacts On Protected Individuals May Be Discriminatory
- $4.2M Settlement in Wage and Hour Lawsuit
- Commercial Leases: Exculpatory Clauses and Subrogation Interests
- Religious Discrimination Lawsuit Filed Against Grocery Store
- Wage and Hour Lawsuits May Affect Tipped Employee Compensation
- Commercial Leases: Midtown Glass Company, Inc. v. Levent Industries, Inc.
- Teacher Wins Reverse Race Discrimination Jury Trial
- How Do Wage and Hour Laws Apply to Telecommuting?
- Commercial Leases: Clauses that Survive a Commercial Lease Expiration
- Requiring Extra Documentation May Constitute Immigration Discrimination
- LinkedIn Settles Wage and Hour Lawsuit
- Sexual Harassment Claims May Arise As The Result Of Workplace Affairs
- Wrongful Commercial Foreclosure, Confirmation, and Debtors' Remedies #5: LSREF2 Baron, LLC v. Alexander SRP Apartments, LLC
- More Jurisdictions Are Adopting Unpaid Interns Laws
- President Obama Signs Executive Order Prohibiting LGBT Discrimination
- Wrongful Commercial Foreclosure, Confirmation, and Debtors' Remedies #4: Bringing a Wrongful Foreclosure Claim
- Overtime Pay Rate Determinations Should Include Per Diem Amounts
- Wrongful Commercial Foreclosure, Confirmation, and Debtors' Remedies #3: The Confirmation Process and a Debtor's Rights
- New Pregnancy Discrimination Guidelines Issued
- Costly Wage And Hour Mistakes
- Wrongful Commercial Foreclosure, Confirmation, and Debtors' Remedies #2: A Creditor's Duties
- Supreme Court to Hear Pregnancy Discrimination Case
- School Bus Company Settles Wage and Hour Lawsuit with Drivers for $1.6M
- Wrongful Foreclosure, Confirmation, and Debtors' Remedies #1: Introduction
- Firing Employee Day After Complaining Of Sexual Harassment May Be Grounds For Retaliation
- Wage and Hour Lawsuits More Prevalent in 2014
- President Obama Prepares To Issue Executive Order Barring Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Minority Shareholders: Diluting Shares
- Employee or Volunteer?
- The ADAAA Expands Definition of Disability
- Retaliation For Complaining About Misclassification May Violate The FLSA
- Minority Shareholders: Right to Corporate Records
- FLSA White-Collar Exemptions To Be Amended
- Company May Be Held Responsible For Co-Worker Harassment
- "Unpaid" Summer Internships May Violate Federal Labor Laws
- Minority Shareholders: Withholding of Dividends and the Tax Burden it Creates
- Failure To Promote Muslim Man May Be Grounds For Discrimination
- Number Of Wage And Hours Cases Increases For 7th Straight Year
- Who Is An Employer Under The ADEA?
- Business Owner Found Personally Liable For Overtime Pay Violations
- Use of Drug Tests Found to Have "Disparate Impact"
- Failure To Stop Customer Harassment Of Workers May Consitute Employer Negligence
- Wage Laws and Tipped Workers - What Are Your Rights?
- Minority Shareholders: Wrongful Termination & Tortious Interference with Business Relations
- Overtime Compensation And Sleeping On The Job
- Is Your Physical Presence at Work an Essential Job Function?
- Example of the Minority Squeeze Out in Action
- Your Employer Must Pay You What You Deserve: Consenting to "not" be paid overtime wages violates FLSA
- Derogatory Comments By Manager Could Be Grounds For Claim of Retaliation
- Minority Shareholders: Their Rights and the Problems They Face
- Are Pre-Employment Credit Checks Discriminatory?
- Are The McDonald's Corporation and Franchise Owners "Joint Employers"?
- Essential Functions of One's Job Not Dependent Exclusively on Stated Job Requirements
- New Child Labor Laws Proposed
- 11th Circuit Remands Case to Determine What Is an Essential Function Under the ADA
- Pressure Increases To Pass ENDA
- President Obama Seeks To Amend FLSA
- California Supreme Court Hears Meal And Rest Break Case - Brinker v. Superior Court - Could Affect Workers Across The Country
- McDonalds Workers Filed Wage and Hour Claims
- Do You Know The Facts About Religious Discrimination?
- Delivery Drivers Settle FLSA Misclassification Lawsuit
- Muslim Man Wins Religious Discrimination Verdict
- Are Workers Entitled To Pay For Time Spent Waiting To Go Through Security Checkpoints At Work?
- Amazing Race Contestants File Employment Discrimination Lawsuit
- Reality TV Writers Seek Overtime Protections
- Iraq Veteran Excluded from Hiring List May Have USERRA Claim
- Is Attendance an Essential Function of Your Job?
- Improper Tip Pooling Leads To Significant Wage And Hour Lawsuit
- Will The Federal Minimum Wage Hike Affect You?
- A Claim For Retaliation May Exist Where A Friend Is Fired
- Passing ENDA and the Pay Check Fairness Act Would Benefit Workers
- Undocumented Workers Protected by the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Should you be compensated for time spent putting on and taking off protective gear?
- Age Discrimination Cases On The Rise
- How Will The Federal Minimum Wage Hike Affect You?
- A Temporary Impairment May Be Considered a Disability
- Many Different Actions May Constitute Race Discrimination
- Wage and Hour Lawsuits Predicted to Increase in 2014
- Discrimination & Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Court Determines Exotic Dancers Are Employees
- Temporary Illnesses or Conditions May Be Covered by the ADA/ADAAA
- Minimum Wage to Increase in 13 States
- Owner May be Liable for Race Discrimination Under "Joint Employer" Theory
- Wage and Hour Requirements in Bad Weather
- Supreme Court May Hear FLSA Case Finding Owner Personally Liable For FLSA Violations
- Applicant Who Was Denied Interview At Weight Watchers Can Proceed with Pregnancy Discrimination Claim
- 2013 Marks 75th Anniversary of FLSA
- Woman with Perfume Sensitivity May Be Able to Bring Disability Discrimination Lawsuit
- Frito-Lay Settles Overtime Pay Case
- Woman Who Was Fired For Wearing Sword To Work May Have Claim For Religious Discrimination
- When Should You Get Paid For Putting On And Taking Off Work Attire?
- Worker With 'Crying Spells' After Daughter Was Raped Can Bring FMLA Claim
- Employers May Be Held Personally Liable For Overtime Wage And Pay Violations
- ENDA Moves Closer To Becoming A Reality
- Police And Firefighters Entitled To Overtime Based On How They Divide Their Duties At Work
- Age and Gender Discrimination Claim Filed Against Real Estate Giant
- Exotic Dancers Allege Misclassification
- Reduction In Force or Racially Motivated Termination?
- Undocumented Workers Entitled To Overtime Pay
- Retaliation Claims Valid Where Employees Have A Reasonable Belief That Discrimination Occurred
- Did Amazon Violate Overtime Pay Requirements By Not Paying Warehouse Employees For Required Screenings?
- Human Resource Manager's Comment Could Be Proof Of Discrimination
- Is Your Employer Complying With The FLSA and Notice Provisions Of The Affordable Care Act?
- Following Federal Government's Extension of Overtime Benefits To Home Health Care Aides, California Signs Law Granting Overtime
- Reasonable Accommodations May Not Have to Be Essential to Allow a Worker to Perform Job
- Woman Allowed to Maintain Claim of "Regarded As" Disability Discrimination After Termination
- Overtime And Minimum Wage Protections Extended To Home Health Care Aides
- College Athletes Determined to Be Employees By NLRB
- Should You Be Paid If You Work Through Your Breakss?
- Failure To Act On Complaints Of Racial And Sexual Harassment May Lead To Substantial Liability
- Fight For Minimum Wage Increase Gains Steam
- Attorney Told You're Just "Not That Pretty" Can Bring Claim Of Sex Bias
- San Francisco Giants Agree To Pay Back Wages Following Allegations Of FLSA Violations
- Employer May Be Required To Allow Disabled Employee To Telecommute
- American Woman Files Reverse National Origin Discrimination Claim Against Indian Company
- Strippers File Overtime Compensation Lawsuit For Violations Of Federal Labor Law
- Discriminatory Comments Made After Termination Can Be Used As Direct Evidence Of Bias
- Unpaid Volunteer Files Unpaid Wage Lawsuit Against MLB
- "Creepy" Conduct By Co-Worker May Be Grounds For Sexual Harassment Claim
- What Constitutes "Sufficient Notice" To An Employer Of Sexual Harassment?
- Death Threats Against Pro-Obama Worker Could Be Racially Motivated
- Exempt Or Non-exempt? Failing To Classify Workers Correctly May Violate The FLSA
- Independent Contractor Or Employee?
- Sexaul Harassment Claim Allowed Based On Spankasaurus And Gabbygail Comments
- Referring To A Female Police Officer As "That Chick Cop" May Be Sexual Harassment
- Justice Ginsburg Calls On Congress To Intervene After Employment Discrimination Ruling
- 75th Anniversary Of FLSA Highlights Need For Increase In Minimum Wage
- Are Age Discrimination Cases Becoming More Prevalent?
- Arthritis May Be Considered a Disability for Purposes of the ADA/ADAAA
- Court Decides That Unpaid Interns Were Really Employees In Fox Searchlight Case
- Is Lactating A Medical Condition Of Pregnancy?
- Workers To Receive Back Pay Following National Origin Lawsuit Settlement
- Muslim Teen Allegedly Denied Job Because Of Head Scarf May Have Claim For Religious Discrimination
- Bill To Amend FLSA May Give Employers More Control Over Overtime Pay
- A Single Instance Of Harassment Can Be Enough To Constitute A Hostile Work Environment
- Fair Labor Standards Act Protects Your Right To Overtime Compensation
- Female Basketball Referee Brings Case For Bias
- Getting to Work on Time Isn't Always an Essential Job Function Under the ADA
- Is It Sexual Harassment? The Answer Often Depends On The Particular Facts Of Each Situation
- Male Worker Successfully Alleges Claim Under Equal Pay Act
- Should Your Employer Pay You For Time Spent Changing Your Clothes?
- Your Employer May Need To Pay You For Time Spent On Your Smartphone
- Employment Practices May Be Considered Gender Disricimination
- Company's Excuse That It Fired Employee for Insubordination Could Be Considered "Pretext"
- President Obama Calls For Minimum Wage Hike
- Man Called "Borat" Can Bring A Claim For National Origin And Race Discrimination
- FMLA Leave Covers Care of Children Regardless Of Age Disability Begins
- Do Start Ups Need To Pay Their Employees Overtime Compensation?
- What Is An Essential Function Of Your Job?
- How Does A Natural Disaster Impact Your Take Home Pay?
- Hospital Worker Fired For Refusing Flu Shot Due To Vegan Beliefs Can Sue Hospital for Religious Discrimination
- What Constitutes Retaliation In A Fair Labor Standards Act Case?
- Repeated Racial Slurs And Threatening Behavior Constitute Race Harassment
- Race Discrimination Lawsuit Allowed Under Cat's Paw Theory
- Medical Assistant May Bring Sexual Discrimination Claim Against Employer
- Unpaid Volunteers Entitled To Legal Protection From Discrimination
- Man Fired After Complaining About Clocking In May Maintain Lawsuit For Retaliation
- Class Action Gender Discrimination Lawsuit Filed By Female Lawyers At Major Law Firm
- Who's The Boss? Supreme Court Set To Define Who Is A Supervisor In Employment Discrimination Cases
- Overtime Pay Lawsuits On The Rise
- Policy To Automatically Fire Employees After Using Up Leave Violates ADA
- States Seek To Extend Overtime Laws To Protect Farm Workers
- Leave May Be Considered A Reasonable Accomodation Under The ADA
- Male Principal May Have Claim For Sex Discrimination And Harrassment Against Female Employees
- Investigation Begins Into Potential Wages And Hour Violations At Forever 21
- What Is Illegal Retaliation Under The Fair Labor Standards Act?
- Supervisor Stating I'm "Going To See To It" That Worker Retires When He's 62 May Be Direct Evidence Of Age Discrimination
- Obesity May Be Covered By The Americans With Disabilities Act or the Americans With Disabilities Act Amendments Act
- Employee Misclassification Common Violation Of FLSA
- Is Telecommuting Considered An Accommodation Under The Americans With Disabilities Act?
- Female Workers Face Challenges From Over And Under Employment
- Supreme Court Set To Consider 4 Employment Discrimination Cases
- Punitive Damages Awarded In Race Harassment Case
- Man Who Took Husband's Last Name May Maintain Sex Discrimination Case Against Employer
- ADA May Protect Trainees, Not Just Employees
- Raising The Minimum Wage Benefits All
- Vegas Casino Case- Smith v. Wynn - Finds Tip- Sharing Policies Violate State Law
- Employers Violating Overtime Laws On The Rise
- Veterans Entitled To Get Their Job Back Without Having To Submit New Screening Process
- Court Upholds Jury Award Based On Repeated Use Of Derogatory Term
- Congress Seeks To Raise Minimum Wage
- African American Worker Can Bring Discrimination Lawsuit Based On "Cat's Paw" Doctrine
- Race Discrimination Case May Proceed Where Discrimination Is "Plausible."
- Skycaps Reach Settlement With Airlines In Minimum Wage Lawsuit
- Teacher With Seasonal Affective Disorder Has Claim Under The ADA Against School For Failing To Transfer Her To A Windowed Room
- Department Of Labor Considers Inclusion Of Home Care Employees Under The FLSA
- Supreme Court To Help Define Who Is An Employer
- UPS Driver May Maintain Racial Harassment Case After Co-workers Left Banana Peels In His Truck
- Raising The Minimum Wage Would Benefit Workers And The Economy
- Actions That Create A Hostile Work Environment May Be Grounds For A Retaliation Lawsuit
- Wage Theft On The Rise
- Employees May Be Held Personally Liable For Retaliation
- Employers Must Pay Workers Overtime, Regardless Of Citizenship Status
- EEOC Rules Federal Laws Ban Transgender Discrimination
- Overtime Lawsuits On The Rise
- Citicorp Required To Pay Back Wages For Equal Pay Act Violations
- Pregnancy Discrimination On The Rise
- Raising The Federal Minimum Wage Could Help Struggling Families And Communities
- USERRA Protects Military Personnel's Right To Reemployment
- Even A Dollar's Difference In Pay If Based On Gender May Constitute Sex Discrimination
- Unpaid Intern At Charlie Rose Show Files Wage And Hour Lawsuit
- Instances Of Harassment Not Raised At Administrative Level Allowed In Civil Sexual Harrassment Lawsuit
- Supreme Court To Determine Whether Employees Are Protected From Retaliation For Making Oral Complaints
- Unpaid Internships May Violate The FLS
- Demotion Without Job Description Considered Constructive Discharge
- Who Is A Supervisor? Supreme Court Seeks Guidance In Race Harrassment Case
- When Am I Entitled To Take Leave Under The FMLA?
- Are Journalists Entitled To Overtime Pay?
- Tip Sharing Law May Lead To Confusion And Backpay Lawsuits
- Female Police Officer Retaliation Award Upheld
- Atlanta HIV Discrimination Case Moves Forward
- When Is An Unpaid Internship Illegal?
- Company Ordered To Pay Double Damages For Interfering With Worker's Right To Take Leave
- Pre-Eligibility Requests For Leave May Give Rise To Claims Of Retaliation in Pereda v. Brookdale Senior Living Cmtys. Inc.
- Minimum Wage Violation Lawsuit Against Applebee's Proceeds To Trial
- Woman With Thoughts About Killing Her Supervisor Can Maintain Race Discrimination, Sex Discrimination And Retaliation Claims Aga
- Jury Awards Physician $7.6 Million In Retaliation Lawsuit
- $17.7 Million Award In Age Discrimination Lawsuit
- Residents Only Requirements May Constitute Race Discrimination - NAACP v. North Hudson Reg'l Fire & Rescue
- Woman Who Was Fired After Undergoing Sex Change Wins Claim For Sex Discrimination In Glenn v. Brumby
- Court Determines Constant Questions About Retirement Supports Worker's Age Discrimination Claim In Franks v. Village of Bolivar
- Supreme Court To Review Whether Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives Are Exempt Under The Fair Labor Standards Act in Christophe
- Draft Final Rule On ADEA Regulations Approved
- 7th Circuit Determines Statements May Be Direct Proof Of Bias In Makowski v. SmithAmundsen
- Federal Court Determines Anti-Retaliations Laws Protect Federal Employees In Diggs v. HUD
- Several Federal Laws Protect Seasonal Farm Workers
- Community College Employee Allowed To Proceed With Wrongful Termination Claim Under The ADA In Blackburn v. Trustees
- Computer Professionals Update (CPU) Act Seeks To Modify Whether Computer Professional Are Exempt Or Not-Exempt
- Family And Medical Leave Act Claim Revived After Worker Fired For Taking Leave After Surgery In Shaffer v. American Med. Ass'n
- Religious Discrimination Lawsuit Based On Headwear Policies Continues in United States v. New York City Transit Authority
- President And CEO Personally Liable For Wage And Hour Violations In Torres v. Gristede's Operating Corp.
- Retaliation Claim Allowed In Egan v. Freedom Bank Where Vice President Is Fired After Complaining About Sexual Harassment
- Older Employee May Bring Claim For Age Discrimination Claim Where Evidence Exists That Younger Workers Were Treated Better in Ea
- Misclassification As Independent Contractor May Be A Violation Of The Fair Labor Standards Act
- Threats To Close Friend May Constitute Retaliation in Ali v. District of Columbia
- Minimum Wage Lawsuit Filed Against ZipRealty
- Worker Called "Pops" And "Old Man" Entitled To Bring An Age Discrimination Case In Dediol v. Best Chevrolet, Inc.
- 6th Circuit Determines Volunteers May Be Considered Employees In Bryson v. Middlefield Volunteer Fire Dep't Inc.
- Man With Schizophrenia Can Bring "Regarded As" Claim
- Employer Must Conduct An Individualized Inquiry Of Actual Disability
- Nixon-Tinkelman v. New York City Dep't of Health and Mental Hygiene Determines Employer May Be Required To Help With Commute Und
- Appeals Court Determines Police Sergeants And First-Responders Entitled To Overtime Pay in Edward Mullins et al v. City of New Y
- Trial Court Definition Of Retaliation Too Narrow In Millea v. Metro-North R.R. Co.
- Short Time Span Between Deposition and Disciplinary Action Support Claim of Retaliation
- Pizza Chain Fined For Violating Overtime Pay Laws And Retaliation
- $32 Million Sex Bias Settlement Against Wells Fargo
- EEOC Holds Public Hearings On Accommodations Under The ADA
- Hospital Workers Entitled To Unpaid Back Overtime
- Age Discrimination Claim Arises After Older Worker Is Fired And Subjected To Ageist Jokes
- Summer Internships - When Does An "Unpaid Internship" Violate The Law?
- Georgia Employment Of Persons With Mental Disabilities Encouraged
- Staffing Agency May Be Required To Pay Overtime
- Allowing Clients To Harass Employees May Lead To Lawsuits
- Georgia Working Moms To Benefit From Breastfeeding Law
- "Cat's Paw" Liability Upheld
- Pharmaceutical Sales Reps Entitled To Overtime Compensation
- New Legislation Introduce to Raise Base Pay For Tipped Workers
- Seeking Treatment For Alcoholism May Entitle Employees To Leave Under The FMLA
- Back Wages Allowed For Restaurant Workers
- Gay Man Fired For Complaining Of Harassment Can Bring Retaliation Claim
- Disability May Be Proven By Personal Statements.
- Waiters File Minimum Wage Lawsuit Against Hard Rock Cafe
- Fired Employee Entitled To Overtime Pay
- Former Prostitute Can Raise Sexual Harassment Claim
- Jury Awards $5.8 Million To White Supervisor In National Origin Discrimination Lawsuit
- Four EEOC Nominees Confirmed
- Department Of Defense Final Rule Bars Mandatory Arbitration
- Disability Discrimination Case Asserted By Bank Teller With Epilepsy
- Widespread FLSA Violations By Michigan Blueberry Growers
- Age Discrimination Case Revived
- Minimum Wage Laws Help Local Economies
- Contractor Agrees To Pay $3 Million in EEOC Race Bias Decree
- EEOC Issues Final Regulations Interpreting Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- Nov. 18th A "Day Against Wage Theft" In 50 Cities Across The Country
- Federal Labor Laws Protect All Workers
- Employee May Proceed With Race Discrimination Case
- Pregnancy Discrimination Claim Allowed To Proceed
- Class Certification Of Oracle Employees in Wage-and-Hour Suit
- $2 Million Jury Award to Teacher With Seasonal Affective Disorder Wins Case Over Denial of Windowed Room
- New Wage And Hour Class Action Suit Against Wal-Mar
- Religious Discrimination Lawsuit Progresses
- Inconsistent Reasons For Firing Constitute Pretext
- Benefits Of Federal Minimum Wage
- Is It Discriminatory To Use Credit Checks In Employment Decisions?
- FLSA Violations Frequent For Low-Wage Laborers
- Consent Decree Cannot Shield Officials From Reverse Race Bias Claim
- FMLA's 24-Hour Leave Without Pay Policy Applies To Same Sex Domestic Partners
- If Severe Enough, One Action Can Constitute A Hostile Environment
- $3 Million Settlement In FLSA Class Action
- Cancer In Remission Considered A Disability Under The ADAAA In one
- Verizon Technician Raises Triable Claim Of Sexual Harassment
- Are Hospitals Paying Workers Enough Overtime?
- Personal Knowledge Of Protected Status Not Required For Retaliation Claim
- Are You Entitled To Overtime Compensation For Time Spent On Your Blackberry?
- Poor Vision Constitutes Disability Entitled To Protections Under The ADA
- Technicians Sue Goldman Sachs For Overtime Pay
- Honoring A Patient's Racist Requests Constitutes Discrimination
- Nursing Mothers Entitled To Reasonable Breaks At Work
- Ministerial Exception Applies to All Title VII Claims
- Pharmaceutical Reps Not Exempt Under The FLSA
- Court Rejects Argument Of Age Bias
- Can A Fiancé Bring A Third Party Retaliation Claim?
- Dominos Pizza Delivery Drivers Similarly Situated Under The FLSADominos Pizza Delivery Drivers Similarly Situated Under The FLSA
- Family Leave Rights Apply To Domestic Partners
- Sexual Attraction Not Necessary For Harassment Claim
- Alternative Modes Of Communication May Be Considered A Reasonable Accommodation
- Jury Finds Medical Center Discriminated Against Muslim Doctor
- Worker's Who Receive Commissons Not Always Exempt Under The FLSA
- Security Response Does Not Create Hostile Work Environment
- Fifth Circuit Finds Failure To Include Per Diem Pay In "Regular Rate" Violates FLSA
- Supreme Court Finds Black Firefighters' Race Discrimination Claim Timely
- Age Discrimination Claim Allowed To Proceed After Company Buy-Out
- Sixth Circuit Determines Couple Did Not Knowingly Waive Their Right To Sue
- Supreme Court Evaluates Who Should Decide Validity of Arbitration Agreements
- Use of Medical Marijuana Not A Condition Requiring Reasonable Accommodation
- Fired Employee With HIV May Bring Claim Under Amended ADA
- Supreme Court Determines Fee Enhancements Are Allowed For Superior Performance
- Congress To Review New Employment Discrimination Laws
- Most Georgia Interns Entitled To Minimum Wages and Overtime
- 4th Circuit Determines An Assistant Manager Is A "Supervisor" For Purposes Of Filing A Sexual Harassment Claim
- 11th Circuit Sexual Harrassment To Be ReHeard
- GEORGIA MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICERS NOT EXEMPT UNDER THE FLSA
- Female Employee Fired for Having IVF Procedure has Claim for Pregnancy Discrimination
- Employee Fired after Having an Abortion has Claim for Pregnancy Discrimination
- Supreme Court Wrap-Up II: Court Finds Implied Claim of Retaliation in Age Discrimination Act
- Punitive Damages in Employment Discrimination Cases after Exxon: The Death of Punies has been Greatly Exaggerated
- Agreement to Arbitrate USERRA Discrimination Claim is Enforceable
- Military Veteran Need Not Pay Filing Fee to File Discrimination Case
- Court Affirms Half Million Dollar Verdict in Race Discrimination Case
- Pay Discrimination Bill Fails in Congress
- Genetic Employment Discrimination Bill Passes Senate
- Atlanta Employment Lawyer Blog is Live
- Community Service
- Why Hire Us?
- Courtroom Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Site Map
- Contact Us
- COVID 19 FAQ
- Areas We Serve