Savannah Employment & Civil Rights Attorneys
Experienced advocacy for victims of employer and government mistreatment in Georgia
The beautiful Georgia city Savannah will soon be 300 years old. Savannah today is a major industrial site, a seaport, a leader in healthcare, and a national historic attraction. Savannah is a vibrant city that is a great place to live and work – as long as your employer respects you. Sadly, some employers don’t respect people who look different, who assert their rights, or demand that their workplace be safe. Too many employees in Georgia suffer sexual or racial harassment.
Some employers think it’s perfectly okay not to pay their employees the full wages they deserve. Savannah can also be a less attractive place to live if government officials fail to respect your civil rights, meaning your Constitutional rights and your federal rights.
At Buckley Bala Wilson Mew LLP, our Savannah employment lawyers have helped employees assert their employee rights before the EEOC and in federal court. Our record of success includes millions in total recoveries. We take great pride in having won a landmark employee rights case in the US Supreme Court. We also represent civil rights cases involving the use of excessive force by police.
This was my first time having to seek legal counsel on an employment issue so I was a bit nervous about the process. I was referred to Ed Buckley by a friend I respect and trust, and one that has over 20 years of experience in law. Mr. Buckley made the process much less intimidating for me. Many thanks to Mr. Buckley and team for helping me. I'd definitely hire them again. – Google review
How can we help?
- Why our Savannah employment and civil rights attorneys are the right choice
- What types of employment claims do your Savannah attorneys handle?
- What types of claims do your Savannah civil rights attorneys handle?
- What forums decide Savannah employment and civil rights claims?
- What federal laws protect Savannah employees and civil rights victims?
- What damages can Savannah employees and civil rights victims seek?
- How fast do I need to file my Savannah employee rights or civil rights claims?
- Do you have a Savannah employment/civil rights attorney near me?
Why our Savannah employment and civil rights attorneys are the right choice
Jobs provide an income and a purpose. When employers discriminate or harass you based on the color of your skin, the county your ancestors came from, your sex, your gender identity, their desire to replace you with someone younger, or you have a disability, you need lawyers on your side who have a track record of success. When employers try to pay you less than you deserve, retaliate because you asserted your rights, or fail to protect your safety, you need the attorneys clients in Georgia have chosen for decades. When government officials such as the police deny your rights, you need the attorneys who other lawyers respect. At Buckley Bala Wilson Mew LLP, our Savannah employment and civil rights attorneys have helped thousands of employees assert their rights.
Our Savannah employment lawyers represent every type of employee no matter the pay scale in every type of profession – from blue-collar laborers and healthcare workers to C-suite executives and white-collar professionals.
At Buckley Bala Wilson Mew LLP, our Savannah employment and civil rights attorneys have earned high praise from the people we represent and the lawyers who know us. We’re continually in the news for our dedication to our clients and our strong advocacy.
Our achievements and offerings include:
- Premier recognition by Georgia Trend’s “Legal Elite” Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers, and Best Law Firms
- Impressive representation before the EEOC, in state and federal courts, the appeals courts, and the US Supreme Court
- Nearly a century of combined experience and millions of dollars in results for our clients
- A diverse team of employee and civil rights attorneys
We represent all employee and civil rights victims across Georgia.
What types of employment claims do your Savannah attorneys handle?
Our Savannah employment lawyers handle the following types of claims:
Discrimination and wrongful treatment claims
You worked hard to obtain your job. Whether you learned a trade, attended school, or just sent out a hundred requests before you were hired; finding and keeping employment should always be about your skills and ability to do the job. Jobs should never be decided because you have the correct identity characteristics. Your race, national origin, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, age (over 40), disability status, or pregnancy status should not affect your employment. Neither should your military status.
Savannah employers cannot harass you by creating or permitting a hostile work environment based on any identity characteristic that is protected by federal law. Our Savannah employment lawyers file discrimination and harassment complaints based on Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other federal laws.
Our attorneys also file lawsuits when your employer fires you or disciplines you because you asserted your employee rights or helped another employee assert their rights.
Our Savannah employment attorneys handle the following types of employer misconduct claims:
Financial rights claims
It’s not right when employees try to cheat you of your pay and benefits. At Buckley Bala Wilson Mew LLP, we file class action claims when employees deny overtime pay and full pay to workers without contracts. We file individual claims on behalf of executives when employers fail to pay employees with written contracts their full benefits including severance pay.
Our Savannah employment attorneys represent employees in:
Retaliation claims and whistleblower claims
No employee should be punished for asserting their legal rights or disclosing illegal conduct by their employer. Our Savannah employment lawyers represent employees who have the courage to disclose to protect themselves (from discrimination or other employment wrongs), other workers, and their communities in the following types of claims:
Personal employment rights claims
Employees in Savannah make a lot of sacrifices for their employers. It’s only fair for employers to make comparable sacrifices for their employees – especially when there are laws that require those employer sacrifices. Our Savannah employment lawyers represent employees who suffer workplace injuries or illnesses or have worked long enough so they qualify for unpaid or paid leave to care for a newborn, an adopted child, take care of ailing parents, or for similar reasons.
We also represent employees who serve our country and want to ensure their civilian jobs are protected while they serve. We fight for truck drivers when employers retaliate because a driver complained about job safety issues.
Call our Savannah employment attorneys for seasoned representation if these types of personal employment cases:
What types of claims do your Savannah civil rights attorneys handle?
When the police use excessive force, that’s a violation of your civil rights. When government officials violate your right to free speech, that’s a violation of your civil rights. When you’re denied due process or the equal protection of the laws, that’s a violation of your civil rights.
Civil rights violations include the violation of any US Constitutional right and any right guaranteed by federal law. At Buckley Bala Wilson Mew LLP, our Savannah civil rights lawyers file claims on behalf of anyone, no matter their background, when the police, government officials, or counties and municipalities violate their rights. We’ll explain when, where, and how you can file a civil rights claim. We fight to hold civil servants accountable.
We represent clients in:
- Civil Rights Claims
- 1983 Claims
- Constitutional Rights Violations
- LGBTQ+ Claims
- Sexual Assault Claims
What forums decide Savannah employment and civil rights claims?
Most employment claims involving discrimination or harassment start by filing a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). These claims can end with a trial in federal court. Claims such as pay and compensation disputes are tried in state and federal courts. Civil rights claims are usually tried in federal courts.
We are respected across Georgia and America for our strong advocacy, which includes winning a groundbreaking US Supreme Court case, Bostock v. Clayton County, Ga, that provides that employee rights include being free of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
We’ll ensure that, in the event of a trial, your claim is heard in the correct court. We understand the rules of procedure, evidence, and practical issues for trying cases in each type of forum.
What federal laws protect Savannah employees and civil rights victims?
The laws are the basis for your legal claim. Our Savannah employment lawyers understand each word in these laws and the court decisions that interpret these rules. Some of the many laws that protect our clients include:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- The False Claims Act
- The Wages and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- The Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA)
What damages can Savannah employees and civil rights victims seek?
Your dignity has been attacked. You’ve lost a lot of money. You’re suffering. When employers deny your employee or civil rights, you deserve compensation. At Buckley Bala Wilson Mew LLP, our lawyers for all the compensation you deserve.
The amount you can receive depends on the liability of the defendants, the type of claim you have, and other factors. We demand compensation for the following:
- Discrimination and retaliation claims. We demand payment of any wages you were denied if you were wrongfully terminated or your rights were adversely affected. This compensation can include lost wages, lost benefits, vacation pay, and the expense of looking for new work. We seek job reinstatement where possible. Our lawyers also seek compensatory and/or liquidated damages, attorney fees, and punitive damages (where available).
- Sexual assault claims. We seek damages for your emotional pain and suffering, lost wages, and any medical bills.
- Wage, overtime, and other types of pay claims. Often, these claims are filed as part of a class or collective action lawsuit.
- C-suite executive claims. We are respected throughout the Savannah region for our ability to fight for your full severance benefits and other contractual benefits, such as retirement benefits and stock options. We also fight for the cessation or limitation of restrictive covenants.
- Whistleblower claims. We fight to ensure you receive just compensation for filing whistleblower claims and that you employer is held accountable for retaliating.
- Civil rights claims. These damages commonly include loss of income, the cost to make any repairs, pain and suffering, other statutory damages (where available), legal fees and expenses and any other damages that will make you whole.
Are there time limits for filing my Savannah employment or civil rights claims?
We strongly recommend that you contact us as soon as you suspect your rights have been violated. It’s critical that we move quickly to speak with you and anyone who has information, review any physical evidence, put your employer or the government officials on notice, and ensure you’re getting medical help if you need it.
By contacting us quickly, we’ll be able to answer your questions and ease your mind.
We’ll move quickly to file your claim in a timely manner. Many deadlines are short so the sooner you see us the better.
Do you have a Savannah employment/civil lawyer near me?
Our Savannah employment and civil rights lawyers meet clients at our Atlanta office located at 600 Peachtree St. NE, Suite 3900. Buckley Bala Wilson Mew LLP also discusses cases by phone and video consultations by appointment. We proudly serve clients throughout Georgia, including in Atlanta, Augusta, Athens, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, and Marietta.
Catch your breath. We’ve been here before. Many times. We’ll answer all your questions and guide you confidently through each stage of your claim.
Ready to fight back? Contact our employment and civil rights attorneys in Savannah now
Buckley Bala Wilson Mew LLP understands how scary it is to lose your job, be mistreated by your employer, or be denied your rights. At Buckley Bala Wilson Mew LLP, we’ve helped the good people of Georgia assert their rights. We’re considering one of the premier employee rights and civil rights law firms by clients and some of the top lawyers in the country. To assert your rights and get your life back, schedule a consultation with our Savannah employment and civil rights lawyer today. Call or contact us now. We work aggressively on your behalf from the moment we begin our representation.