Atlanta Individual Litigation Attorney
Proven, Focused Representation for individuals
Buckley Bala Wilson Mew is a client-focused law firm that provides a high-quality representation of a big firm but in a small-firm setting. Our lawyers in Atlanta also handle a number of general litigation cases as well. Our firm prepares each client's case thoroughly from the very beginning in order to maximize their results. We have handled countless trial cases and are always prepared to take a case to court and litigate for the results that our clients need.
Client-Focused Trial Attorneys Working for You
Our legal team in Atlanta views litigation as a partnership between a lawyer and their client. Your goals and best interests should be at the forefront of your attorney's mind as they handle your case. You both have an interest in the result of your case and should, therefore, work together to achieve the best possible outcome.
At Buckley Bala Wilson Mew, each of our Atlanta litigation lawyers makes a personal commitment to their client and stays by their side, fighting for the client's best interests through each step of the legal process.
Types of litigation cases we handle:
- Personal Injury: The most common type of general litigation involves personal injury. When an innocent individual is injured in an accident, the liable party should be held responsible for the damages. Personal injury damages range from medical bills and loss of income to emotional trauma, pain, and suffering.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Motor vehicle accidents are the top cause of personal injury in the nation, and our firm can litigate skillfully for the results of fair compensation in these and all other cases. Common accidents include car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and truck accidents.
- Real estate litigation: Whether you are facing a commercial lease dispute, a breach of contract, ownership disputes, complaints of improper use of land or any other real estate matter, our firm can help. We have the experience and knowledge that is needed to represent your case accurately.
- Trust & estate litigation: Our firm handles litigation in cases where your loved one has passed away and there is a dispute regarding their trust or estate. We can fight to defend your loved one's last wishes, as well as your best interests. You can rest assured knowing our team can assist you throughout the process.
- Will contests: Similar to estate litigation, our firm also handles will contests as well. These types of cases are specifically the result of disputes over the terms or the execution of a decedent's last will. Our attorneys can represent your interests in the matter and reach a final solution
- Professional negligence claims- Claims of legal and accounting malpractice which may occur in context of owning a business or as an individual.
Learn how we can help: Call 404-781-1100 or contact us online.
Statutes of Limitation in Georgia Civil Cases
After someone has caused you harm, either financial or physical, you only have a certain amount of time to actually create a lawsuit in pursuit of damages. Each state has its own set of rules and regulations regarding this time limit, which is known as a statute of limitations. If the statute of limitations expires for your case type, you can still file a lawsuit but the defendant has the right to ask the court to throw it out, which will be done before any review.
In Georgia, statutes of limitations that may apply to your case are:
- 2 years for personal injury
- 2 years for financial loss due to fraud
- 1 year for libel or slander
- 4 years for damage to personal property
- 2 years for medical malpractice (possible extension to 5 years)
When you are in doubt, it is smart to speak with your Atlanta litigation attorney and ask them if your case’s statute of limitations is drawing near. Although it is important to fully prepare your case for court and not rush into any decisions, sometimes it is in your best interest to file a claim quickly before the statute ends.
Buckley Bala Wilson Mew Blog
- Press Release
ATLANTA (Feb. 1, 2023) – There is a new firm in Midtown Atlanta: Buckley Bala Wilson Mew LLP ( www.bbwmlaw.com ), opened for business on February 1. The new name reflects the combined skills of some ...Read More
Buckley Bala Wilson Mew Delivers for Truckers Forced to Drive Unsafe Vehicles or in Violation of Federal Standards
At Buckley Bala Wilson Mew, we know a lot about safeguarding employees’ rights, whether it concerns protections from sexual, racial or age discrimination or the ability to speak up about an unsafe ...Read More
- In the News
“She’s being marginalized, cut out of the loop,” Ed Buckley told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, on behalf of his client, the Lawrenceville police captain who says she is being retaliated against by ...Read More